Arthur Mallon Foods is the leading producer of sausages in Ireland, creating award winning sausages in County Monaghan since 1940. The company originated from Arthur Mallon’s Butchers shop in Monaghan Town, which was famous for its tasty and creative sausages recipes. We have won over 160 awards both nationally and internationally, which makes us the most awarded sausage maker in Ireland!
Mallon Foods is committed to promoting a healthy work environment that attracts and inspires excellence at all levels, ensuring customer satisfaction. We aim to maintain a fair and consistent approach in all areas of selection and recruitment. This is achieved via equality, retention and continual development through the principles of teamwork, training, improvement and empowerment within your role.
Our people are hardworking, talented and dedicated, with a great pride in what we can achieve together. If you are committed, determined and ready to give your all, we want to hear from you.
We are delighted to be recruiting for a highly organized and energetic individual for the role of DESPATCH MANAGER.
- Despatch Manager
- Production Manager
Level of authority
- To manage Despatch personnel in all aspects of the role.
- To request product from Production to fulfil customer orders.
Purpose of the Job
- To co-ordinate the receipt of customer orders from administration, to assembly of orders from Production, and to oversee their despatch from the premises, ensuring all required specifications are achieved.
Main Area of Responsibility
- To ensure that orders are assembled correctly and that the correct paper work is despatch with the product, and that is collected by the assigned transport.
- Recording of despatch temperature and liaise with the Quality Department on any out of specification product.
- To liaise with Production on any short falls in orders, as soon as they are detected, to enable orders to be filled to customer’s satisfaction.
- To check and cross check invoices with Administration to ensure details are correct.
- Comply with HACCP regulations
- You will be required to be flexible in this position and must be prepared to transfer to other duties within the business unit.
- Manage despatch personnel to include, investigations, disciplinary, rotas, absence and holidays.
- Knowledge of Road Safety Act and experience of tachographs, driver hours and working time
- To adhere to all company rules and policies.
Other areas of responsibility
- To help train new staff.
- To participate in any training activities as required by the company
- To carry out other duties as and when the company deems appropriate
Relationship with other jobs
- Liaise with Admin Department in relation to customer requirements.
- Communicate with Production staff, to ensure short falls are met.
- Liaise with Quality Department regarding all quality issues.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Factory/Despatch environment
- Up to date knowledge of RSA legislation and requirements, i.e. Driving hours, Tachograph, Working, CPC Cards etc.
- Compliance with Health & Safety Legislation whilst ensuring all safety and productivity of team
- Ability to delegate, motivate and lead a team effectively
- Good attention to detail with sound computer skills
- Practical training skills with ability and willingness to train others
- Excellent English oral and written skills
- Results driven with a desire to meet all deadlines
If you meet the essential criteria and think you have what it takes to succeed in a busy manufacturing environment, then we want to hear from you!
Please forward a copy of your CV via email, or via post to HR Department, Mallon Foods, Hilden, Monaghan, County Monaghan.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications will be 4.00 pm, Friday 13th December 2018.