“Chip Shop” Sausage Curry
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 x ½lb 8-pack of Hafners Sausages
1 garlic Clove, crushed
2cm piece of Root Ginger, peeled and grated
2 Onions, chopped into chunks
3 Carrots, peeled and chopped
Salt and Black pepper
500ml Chicken Stock
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tbsp hot Curry Powder
1 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Cornflour, stirred together with 2 tsp water
100g Frozen Peas, defrosted in hot water for 30 seconds
4 Spring Onions, chopped
Rice or Chips
- Heat half of the vegetable oil in a large pan or wok over a medium heat. Cook the Hafners Sausages in batches until golden brown on all sides, then set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper, then add the remaining oil and place over a medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, onions and carrots and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, turmeric, curry powder and honey. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cornflour slurry, then return the sausages to the pan and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Stir in the peas and cook for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle the curry with chopped spring onions and serve with rice or chips.