Human Resource/Health & Safety Assistant
End Date: 30/06/2020
Position Type: Permanent
Location: Arthur Mallon Foods, Hilden
Looking for an exciting challenge with a progressive, innovative Food Manufacturing company?
Then look no further…
Be a part of Arthur Mallon Foods, we are a passionate company priding ourselves on our customer service, food products and people management approach.
JOB SUMMARY: HUMAN RESOURCE/ HEALTH AND SAFETY ASSISTANT
We are recruiting newly identified HR/H&S Assistant role, required to add value to the business and support HR departments deliverables and objectives. The successful candidate will have full exposure across human resource function, providing opportunities of personal development and freedom of putting their own stamp on the role. The role will entail independent work ensuring departments administration requirements are met as well as involvement in team-based work in strategic HR/ H&S projects. The role will be part of wider HR Team including Human Resource/People Development/ H&S Manager and Training Co-Ordinator. The role is being created to support and aid HR function to help align existing employees around new business objectives, values and help endorse a strong H&S and people centred culture within the business.
- Use of business systems ensuring information up to date
- Administration of HR/ H&S department
- Involved end to end recruitment process
- Support to HR Management Role in carrying out company policies/ procedures
- Communicate clearly and effectively to all employees in business
- Understand people, able to motivate self and others
- Build rapport quickly with colleagues and able to make persuasive case for action based off data and information
- Able to assist in resolution conflict and mediation on challenging issues
- Independent and project-based work
- Completion H&S Risk Assessments on site
- Responsibility H&S record keeping, ensuring training up to date alongside training co-ordinator.
- Work under pressure, flexibly and switch between competing demands
- A passion for improving staff wellbeing and help implementing initiatives.
- To be a highly motivated individual who can influence, guide and assist others.
- Complete additional duties as required by line Manager to meet departments and business needs
- ICT- Knowledge full Microsoft packages / HR systems
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Good time management
- Initiative/ independent
- KPI / Target driven
- Fully flexible to meet business needs
- Analysis/problem solving
- Continuous Improvement Initiatives (Prize delivered to target)
- Adherence to Lean Operations deliverables.
- Quality – As per quality metrics
- Efficiency – As per efficiency metrics
- Safety – As H&S metrics
- Cost – Labour, Service Performance KPIs
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Degree or above in HR, Business studies or equivalent
- Professional HR accreditation, CIPD associate level extremely desirable
- Experience of working in Hr administration/ Assistant role desirable
- Will consider Newly qualified HR graduates
- H&S qualification/ Certificates – Iosh/ Nebosh qualifications extremely desirable
- H&S experience in manufacturing industry extremely desirable
- Knowledge of relevant health, safety, manual handling and fire safety legislation and issues affecting a Local Authority.
- Experience of developing, implementing, and reviewing health and safety policies, procedures, and guidance documents.
- Experience of undertaking accident / incident investigations, taking statements and producing quality reports.
If you are interested in this position please email your CV to email@example.com