Creamy Tomato Sausage Pasta Bake
400g Rigatoni, Fusilli or other Short Pasta
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 x 10-pack of Mallon’s Big 10s Sausages
½ an Onion, finely chopped
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
Salt and Black pepper
500g Tomato Passata
150g baby Spinach, roughly chopped
4 tbsp Crème Fraîche
120g Mozzarella, grated
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil over a high heat and cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain well, reserving a cupful of the cooking water. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a high heat and add the Mallon’s Sausages. Cook for 6-8 minutes until nicely browned on all sides and completely cooked throughout, then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Add the onion to the same pan and cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for two minutes longer. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Stir in the tomato passata and bring to a simmer. Add the baby spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes until wilted. Stir in the Crème Fraîche with a splash of the reserved pasta water and cook for two minutes longer. Stir in half of the Mozzarella, then season to taste.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the cooked sausages into bite-sized chunks. Stir the sausages and pasta through the tomato sauce, then transfer everything to a baking dish. Top with the remaining Mozzarella.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cheese on top is golden and the sauce is bubbling around the edges. Allow to stand for 2-3 minutes before serving.