Mini Corn Dogs
- 6 Mallon’s Sausages, cut in half
- 12 lollipop sticks
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large Dutch oven (or deep pot), pour the vegetable oil to a depth of 4 inches. Heat the oil to 350 degrees F.
- Slice each half hot dog onto the lollipop sticks. You can use wooden skewers as well.
- In a bowl, combine all the batter ingredients and whisk.
- Dip each hot dog into the cornmeal batter to completely cover the hot dog (it helps if batter is poured into a tall glass). Carefully place the hot dogs into the hot oil. Fry 2 or 3 at a time until golden brown (about 2 or 3 minutes). Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining hot dogs and batter.
- Serve with ketchup and/or mustard.